Human Care Agency Funding Process
Run by our Agency Funding Committee and comprised of our Board of Directors, our review process ensures agencies seeking the financial assistance of The Country Friends® are thoroughly reviewed, vetted, and formally voted on to determine the best use of our funding.
Every request is considered on its own merit and we fund with two firm provisions:
- Funds will be used for the purposes requested
- Funds will be used solely within San Diego County
STEP 1: General Agency Information Form
All new and past agencies must complete and update the General Agency Information Form beginning January 1-September 29 of each new year to update our files. The Country Friends will contact any NEW agency for a site visit before we can fund, along with any funded agency that has not had a site visit in the past 4 years.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Pre-Qualification Questionnaire
Starting on August 14, 2023 we will notify via email those who have completed the General Agency Information Form that the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire is ready to complete.
After submitting the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire, and your agency is approved, you will be given a password to access the Formal Funding Application.
STEP 3: Formal Funding Application
After completing the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (and your agency is approved), you will receive a password to access the Formal Funding Application, a form downloaded from our website. You must complete this form to complete the application process.
This application is then emailed to email@example.com and a hard copy is mailed to:
The Country Friends, Inc.
Human Care Funding
P.O. Box 142
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
Formal Funding Applications must be postmarked no later than September 29, 2023 to be considered for the 2024 fiscal year.
The Agency Funding Committee is presently using the following criteria:
- Agencies offering preventative programs (i.e., child abuse, battered women)
- New or continuing programs directed by established agencies
- Established agencies that encourage self-improvement and/or job training
- New agencies in the process of becoming established. TCF will conduct detailed due diligence prior to funding
- Medical facilities with special equipment needs
WE DO NOT FUND
- Agencies that do not have an office in San Diego
- Agencies that send any portion of our funds to a state or national headquarters
- Auxiliary groups associated with any institution e.g. colleges, hospitals, libraries, theaters, museums
- Agencies involved with the care and/or protection of parks, wildlife, and domesticated animals
- Capital contributions (i.e. Building Funds)
- National medical research foundations
- Religious affiliated organizations