Human Care Agency Funding Process
Run by our Agency Funding Committee and comprised of our Board of Directors, our review process ensures agencies seeking the financial assistance of The Country Friends® are thoroughly reviewed, vetted, and formally voted on to determine the best use of our funding.
Every request is considered on its own merit and we fund with two firm provisions:
- Funds will be used for the purposes requested
- Funds will be used solely within San Diego County
Funding Process Calendar & Deadlines
FUNDING APPLICATION – Deadline August 4th
Download the application and save as a new document.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions. Please include your organization name, contact, email and phone number and we will contact you. Thank you!
Information to be submitted with application:
1. A copy of your non-profit charitable exemption certificates (federal & state).
2. A copy of your most recent annual budget report.
Mail all information to:
The Country Friends, Inc.
Human Care Funding
PO Box 142
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
Agency Funding Committee meets to review application submissions and select for the next fiscal year’s funding
Agencies are notified by mail whether or not they will be funded
The Agency Funding Committee is presently using the following criteria:
- Agencies offering preventative programs.
(e.g. child abuse).
- New or continuing programs directed by
- New agencies in the process of becoming established (TCF to conduct detailed due
diligence prior to funding).
- Established agencies that encourage self-improvement and/or job training.
- Special needs individuals.
- Animal therapy for individuals with special needs.
- Prefer not to fund salaries.
WE DO NOT FUND
- Building funds.
- Agencies that send any portion of our funds
to a state or national headquarters.
- National research foundations or medical research foundations (e.g., Cerebral Palsy, Cystic Fibrosis, Salk Institute).
- Cultural and civic projects (e.g., art galleries, museums, theaters or orchestras).
- Projects involved with the care and/or
protection of animals, parks, wildlife.
- Organizations similar to our own which are also dedicated to philanthropy (e.g., Assistance League, Las Patronas).
- Auxiliary groups associated with any institution (e.g., colleges, hospitals, libraries).
Formal Funding Application
Any agency requesting funding from The Country Friends must complete an application to be considered for the following fiscal year.
All applications for fiscal year 2018 must be postmarked by August 4, 2017.